Qreer.com team has decided to collect all the tips for recruiters we were writing about in the recent months to make sort of a sum-up list. Finding the proper technical specialists in various fields of engineering such as mechanical, electrical, software, aerospace and automotive has always been a tricky issue. Sometimes the right candidates are not inclined to change their current workplace or cannot relocate due to their families and other reasons. What is more, the number of specialists who are approaching their retirement is rising, while the number of fresh engineering graduates is not growing at all. This inevitably forms a gap between the existing supply and demand on the labour market.
How to deal with the existing situation? Here we offer some advice to enhance your recruitment processes.
1. Search internationaly, at least within Europe if you are located here. Right now all European citizens can work in any country of the EU without restrictions. Moreover, many of them are very flexible and willing to move for a better job. Importantly, there are less cultural differences between Europeans from different countries, rather than between Europeans and citizens from other continents. Hence, you have lower risk that a candidate will not fit into the existing organisational culture.
2. Derive information from the previous experience. This includes both other recruiters’ mistakes and of your own. Were unable to hire a particular engineer, because she/he refused to accept the offer? Question her/him in details. Why exactly did she/he make this decision? Keep track of these “unsuccessful” attempts and this will give you plenty of insights of what exactly can be improved in your recruitment practices.
4. Hey, how do you fish for engineers? Look after your job descriptions! They should exactly reflect the person you are searching for. Go through this check-list to make sure your vacancies are attracting the right specialists.
3. Go social. By this we mean searching for candidates where they are actually communicating online: internet communities and forums. Not enough time for doing that? Qreer.com team can do it for you on a daily basis. We spread jobs that are exposed on our jobboard on different social media groups where we find engineers, programmers and scientists. By the way, the cost of it is already included if you purchase a job posting on our website.
4. Slowly, but surely. Do not rush to hire a candidate. Remember that a poor match will cost your organisation way more time and money rather than your longer careful consideration of multiple options. Consider various recruitment tools such as technically specialised jobboards and recruitment agencies. Compare the prices and conditions. Sometimes you can find a better deal for your money. For example, Qreer.com does not only allow you to expose a job on the website, but also spreads it for you on social and conducts a special sourcing using various head-hunting techniques.
Good luck with finding the right people for your great engineering projects!
To post a job on our job board, please, contact our account managers.
To view information about our services, please, click here.
Want to offer an article or suggest a topic for our blog? Click here.
Stay with us,
Keywords: engineering, engineer, programmer, researcher, engineers, human resources, hiring, searching, head hunting, jobboard, sourcing, employment, master, bachelor, technical, recruiter, tips
To see the current job openings in your field:
Jobs in Aerospace Engineering
Jobs in Agricultural Engineering
Jobs in Architecture
Jobs in Automotive Engineering
Jobs in Biomedical Science
Jobs in Business Engineering
Jobs in Chemical Engineering
Jobs in Civil Engineering
Jobs in Electrical Engineering
Jobs in Environmental Engineering
Jobs in Healthcare Science
Jobs in Industrial Engineering
Jobs in Marine Engineering
Jobs in Mathematics
Jobs in Mechanical Engineering
Jobs in Mechatronics
Jobs in Micro / Nano Technology
Jobs in Physics
Jobs in Software Engineering